P.O. Box 270
New York, NY 10024
(347) 687-4134
contact@mensaction.net
Mission:  To foster a natural way of life for humankind.
Read the Book:
Dear Brothers and Sisters:  Gender and Its Responsibility

Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Letter from New Zealand

Hi Elder George,

I enjoyed the piece you sent to me about the jackass society and about the she-ass even though I am not on your e-mail list.

Sometimes I think you have the attitude and knowledge of a certain type of man. A certain type that stands up from not a selfish point of view but from a view where a man sees not only what his children and wife are going through but his brothers and sisters, his grandchildren, his neighbour, his shop keeper, his tribe and his culture.

I wish sometimes people understood that women can't do much because when this type of man stands he doesn't share the platform with women. He is a strange man to many modern women because there is nothing to be equal to. He just does what a man does. He takes the bull by the horns and makes decisions. He doesn't need a woman to tell him how it is for he already knows. He won't even care if a woman gets it for he just knows what he has to do.

I have tried to talk to such men. Made appointments to visit them but for some strange reason every time my appointment comes up, he can't make it. No apology, no phone call to make another date and time, just a no show.

I realized this was a message in itself. And I understood when the secretaries themselves told me, "You need to be careful when you talk to these men, for they are men's men".

They are not bad men, no, not at all .... just the opposite. Their whole life reflects who they are. They don't command respect and they don't ask. They just do what needs to be done and all fall in line behind them. It is quite a remarkable thing to witness and be a part of.

These men don't lead women; these men lead societies. They have the ability to shut down all politics for as you say, "Political divide divides".

And yet they respect women's work. They respect women. And if they don't respect you then you haven't shown yourself worthy of their respect. No, "she did or he did", just she did and she deserves respect for what she did.

I have extreme faith in these men and stand wherever they want me to for the good of myself and for my offspring.

What you propose is along time down the track from where we are in reality. In New Zealand a staggering 78 percent of Maori babies are born to unmarried mothers and 35 percent to non-Maoris.

All the best Elder George. Keep up the good fight.

Search MensAction.net:
Photo of Elder George

Subscribe

Donations are not tax deductible