P.O. Box 270
New York, NY 10024
(347) 687-4134
contact@mensaction.net
Mission:  To foster a natural way of life for humankind.
Read the Book:
Dear Brothers and Sisters:  Gender and Its Responsibility

Saturday, December 19, 2009

A Letter From the U.K.

Below is a copy of an E-mail received from a woman subscriber who gave me her permission to share it with you. I post this letter primarily for the benefit of those men who are concerned with what women think about our message. There will be more such letters.

E.G.


Hi E.G.

I did and I loved it. You are so gifted at writing.

I am planning on purchasing copies for my closest friends. I have a party planned for Feb next year and want to give them all a copy at the party. I was also hoping that you would be kind enough to sign them? I plan to place the order in the new year after Christmas.

I am 41. I had a high status career (although I never really wanted it) and my husband and I have decided that I will stay at home and raise our son. Working in such a competitive environment was not very fulfilling in the end and I have seen the young women that I worked around become less and less feminine and more and more aggressive over the years. I found it all deeply concerning and I don't see myself ever going back. I also went out with a group of female friends for the evening last year and they spent the whole evening bad mouthing their husbands/boyfriends. I challenged their uncaring attitude and it was amazing to see them change their views so quickly. Even more amazing to me was how this attitude has permeated into so many of my female friends and acquaintances thoughts unchallenged.

I have one other friend who has now given up her job in order to be a mother full time. Almost all of the other women I speak to want to give up work but feel unable to make the financial sacrifice. It is all rather sad.

Since I read your book I have also chatted to my male friends. I was so saddened to learn from all of them that they have 'given up talking to women'. Their reasons, women are aggressive, critical, impossible to please etc., It is very humbling to hear that and if only more women knew what men thought I am sure many would be surprised and would change their attitude.

My husband is going to read the book next. He is looking forward to reading it.

Apologies for the lengthy ramble.

Katherine

Search MensAction.net:
Photo of Elder George

Subscribe

Donations are not tax deductible