P.O. Box 270
New York, NY 10024
(347) 687-4134
contact@mensaction.net
Mission:  To foster a natural way of life for humankind.
Read the Book:
Dear Brothers and Sisters:  Gender and Its Responsibility

Saturday, July 4, 2009

LOOKING FOR FANATICS

To all hands,

On this pleasant and sunny July 4th morning I sat at my desk and reflected on the evolvement of Men’s Action since its inception and the progress that has been made.

Many men’s rights organizations (MRO) were formed before and after I wrote my book, and while I have never referred to our activities as part of the MRO movement; nevertheless, we do share a commonality of interest. Members of these various organizations recognized the malfunctioning of society especially as it encroached upon the activities, responsibilities, and domain of men. Men felt they had lost their rights and ultimately formed organizations that would become known as MRO’s.

In reviewing a list of MRO’s I noticed that most of them have become defunct, and those few that still exist have become dormant or ineffective. In speaking to a man recently who has been active with five different MRO’s for more than 20 years I indicated to him that in all that time he had not created an active following and that he had little to show for his efforts. He felt that he could say the same about me, which I thought was a fair response. It acted as part of the catalyst that caused my reflections this morning. Even some of my supporters have questioned if Men’s Action is little more than Elder George hammering out occasional essays and posting them on the Men’s Action website. Those questions, concerns, and doubts motivated me to write this response this morning.

Some of the activities that I engaged in since the writing of my book 17 years ago were: the hosting of a weekly public access TV series in Manhattan for nine years; writing as a paid weekly columnist for seven ethnic newspapers; lecturing to a few universities, community organizations and religious institutions; and being interviewed on the international internet for two hours. I know that I reached hundreds of thousands of people around the world, and influenced many of them.

In addition to writing a book, producing various information materials and fliers, developing an advanced website that offer current streaming videos, and producing videos for youtube.com, I prepared a mission statement and a plan on how to achieve it.
Is there any other MRO, political, or social organization that offers anything close?

However, of more importance than the media presence of Men’s Action is its message. We have a message. No one else does. The message does not contain theories either. The message is that humankind is here to grow spiritually, which is best done by involvement in the propagating and preservation of the species. The structure that enables that objective is called patriarchy and is made possible by an understanding of the principle of gender. Simple isn’t it?

One of the principles of gender is that the unseen affects the seen. The unseen is masculine and the seen is feminine. The society that we see is corrupted, degenerating, and imploding. In order to change it an unseen remedy must be applied. That unseen remedy is my message, or idea, or concept. Only the unseen causes change in society. Men’s Action offers that idea and concept. No other organization does.

The next question that arises is “Why hasn’t any large active following been created for the Men’s Action message?” A valid question that is also gender based. The message has to be promoted and implemented. It requires an assertive influence to impregnate society with the idea. An idea does not just come into being. It requires a hard core of fanatics to sell an idea. The disciples were fanatics. Lenin and Trotsky were fanatics. Walter Reuther and the early leaders of the labor movement were fanatics. A hard core of fanatics has to “break the ice” and introduce and propagate an idea.

It could be said that I am not exhibiting enough fanaticism. Possibly. But creators of ideas are usually not the ones who get them implemented. Lenin and Trotsky were little boys when Karl Marx died. Jesus had already left when Paul started spreading the word. I’m looking for men of courage who will pick up my message and run with it. My efforts will be to train and motivate them and supply them with what they need. I am working on a second book that will refine the message of gender and patriarchy and serve as a handbook for my supporters and the few fanatics that will arise from their midst..

Some say the word fanatic is too strong, that I should use believer, disciple, supporter, enthusiast or even zealot. Erick Hoffer in his book The True Believer uses fanatic and I think the term is appropriate. To bring about change requires the willingness to give up one’s life for the cause. That’s what fanatics do. The hard core of American Revolutionaries were fanatics.

While this is an “all hands” message I have decided to post it under Men’s Action News. I want the world to know that I am looking for fanatics. I want it to know that true change cannot be brought about passively, that men of courage must stand up and do what is necessary to change their environment.

I leave it to each man to determine if he is ready to become a fanatic. To those who can’t, which constitute the majority, I ask that you contribute in whatever fashion that you can. Donations can now be made on our website through paypal. By making a donation now you will be helping to prepare the foundation that will support the fanatics that will step forward.

I hope that I have answered any doubts or questions that you might have regarding Men’s Action and its message and activities. I feel that the awareness and understanding of our message is spreading and the development of an active group of supporters is close at hand.

Thanks for your support.

Have a happy Independence Day weekend.

E.G.

Search MensAction.net:
Photo of Elder George

Subscribe

Donations are not tax deductible