P.O. Box 270
New York, NY 10024
(347) 687-4134
contact@mensaction.net
Mission:  To foster a natural way of life for humankind.
Read the Book:
Dear Brothers and Sisters:  Gender and Its Responsibility

Thursday, February 7, 2008

2-7-08

Yesterday I picked up the seal and papers for our corporation, which was drawn in the name Men’s Action, Inc. on January 28, 20008.

This incorporation will lead to a more viable organization with accepted methods of accounting and fiscal conduct. A bank account will be opened in the corporate name this month after which sales and donations will be made and received in the corporate name. These activities are part of our efforts to create a solid foundation upon which to build our membership.

On another matter, I heard from Marc Roemer yesterday who has become comfortable with his adventurous journey to Costa Rica. Below is a copy of his letter in which he describes his first hand observations of a patriarchal way of life and the dangers to it of economic progress.

Hi EG.

Everything’s going great here. I did 2 weeks of Spanish classesand I’ve made some trips to the beach, getting plans in place todayfor another few days of surfing.I’m staying with a traditional CR family in a small village. It’s anextended family of 5 houses all right next to each other. I think it’sgreat for the kids to have other adults in their lives who love them.I wish I had had other options besides my parents when I didn’tunderstand them. I don’t think this lifestyle is going to last muchlonger though, because the next generation will go to college andprobably move to the city where the high paying jobs are. Of course alot of gringoes are helping this process along because by doing thingslike tutoring English to school kids (like I did), required foreducation credentials here. Ironically one English teaching volunteerstaying with the grandmother of the family told me how much she lovesthe family. Failing English is a problem for us to solve, and morefamilies falling apart will be the result, and another problem, whichthe elite don’t know how to solve if they even consider it a problem.Of course people want more stuff, they are as materialistic here as inthe US, but this family has everything it needs, including a womanthey pay to do the ironing, so by my way of thinking I don’t see agreat need for more money. I suppose that’s easy for me to say whileI’m traveling around to places they can’t afford to go to. At the sametime I’m not sure they recognize and appreciate all they’ve got.I spoke to the dad of the family a little about patriarchy, motivatedby my observation that his kids never cry or shout, and they all seemso happy. He doesn’t think that he’s the boss. He actually insistedthat he shares all decisions with his wife (she’s a homemaker andpart-time travel agent). We agreed that feminism and machismo go tofar.I hope you are well. I sort of changed my plans in that I don’t reallywant to work right now. At some point I may look for students to teachprivately but for now I’m simply enjoying myself.


Marc

Let’s all wish Marc well on his adventures. I’m sure what he experiences will become ammunition for the propagation of our message.

E.G.

Search MensAction.net:
Photo of Elder George

Subscribe

Donations are not tax deductible