P.O. Box 270
New York, NY 10024
(347) 687-4134
contact@mensaction.net
Mission:  To foster a natural way of life for humankind.
Read the Book:
Dear Brothers and Sisters:  Gender and Its Responsibility

Friday, February 1, 2008

INCORPORATING AND OTHER ACTIVITY

INCORPORATING AND OTHER ACTIVITY

Much has transpired since my last communication and I take this opportunity to bring you abreast of developments.

You see that we now have nine streaming videos. Another 24 are in the hands of our Chief of Internet Operations and are in the process of being converted to digital. We will have three categories of streaming videos. One will be from my public access TV program that ran from 1993 to 2002. The second will be material that has been made since then and the third will be interviews that I participated in. We are looking into the practicality and advantage of getting a webcam .

I have started to podcast again, an activity that I held off on because it takes a fair amount of preparation, and I questioned if anyone listened to it, inasmuch as I received no feed back. Your comments on the podcasting will be appreciated.

In any event, we have an advanced website, which I feel is second to none for its various offerings and I ask that you ask your sphere of influence to visit our website. I will write more on personal contact in A Message from elder George.

We incorporated on January 24, 2008 and had to drop off the Rebuild Society from our name in order to avoid having to register as a non-profit. We can still use our name as before, but the corporation is Men’s Action, Inc.

My thanks to those of you who were able to make a financial contribution to help the business aspect of our organization get started. To those who plan to do so but haven’t done it yet, I ask that you move on it. The above activities take money.

Another area of activity that helps our coffers and our outreach at the same is the distribution of books and booklets. I noticed that the number of hits our website receives is in large measure affected by the number of books and booklets ordered. Written material has a multiple effect because it gets passed on to others. All of our material contains our website and whenever material is distributed website activity increases.

I offer a 5% discount on book purchases of five and a 10% discount on book purchases of 10. The booklets are already discounted 25% to members; that is, they can be obtained for $15/set of five and are subject to the same quantity discounts as the book. These prices include freight and handling. If you can’t make a $100 donation, order five books for $95, or five sets of booklets, or five of each. We do not have dues, so donations and the purchase of materials is our only source of income.

I held a lecture in Harlem last week and after distributing 1500 fliers not one person showed up as a result of those fliers. Everyone who came to the meeting came as a result of personal contact. Again I will go into details of personal contact in a separate message.
While the attendance was poor, one of the attendees invited me to a meeting last night at which I made for more contacts and sold another book. This is an example of personal contact and the networking it produces.

The local colleges have started the spring semester and I plan to find a way to address the students; however, the planet Mercury is retrograde until the 18th of February and I have already seen the effects of the confusion in communications. This is a good time to plan but not to initiate. I’m curious to see if there will be any communications snafus in the primary results on February 5th.

As you can see there has been a lot of activity here at headquarters all of which is aimed at our goal for 2008 of increasing membership. I thank you all for your participation and look forward to your continued efforts to spread our message.

Please log on to www.mensaction.net and read today’s Message from Elder George in which I describe the effectiveness of personal contact.

E.G.

Search MensAction.net:
Photo of Elder George

Subscribe

Donations are not tax deductible